Nassau And Suffolk County Long Island:Has Your Home Been Sitting On The Market Too Long?
Has Your Home Been Sitting on the Market Too Long?
It’s not unusual for homes to remain on the marketthese days.
Since there’s a large surplus of homes on the market, it’s considered a buyer’s market. The good buyers are out looking, but they are looking for the best deal they can get or they will choose another property.
If your home has been sitting on the market and you have received NO offers , or if you’ve received only low-ball offers, there might be a few things you can do to get an edge on the competition and get yours sold.
Here are 5 reasons why your home may not have sold…
1. Over Market Value: Most sellers want their homes to sell right away, and want to get as much as they possibly can get for it. They don’t want to continue keeping it on the market and continue to get it ready to show on a daily basis. It’s so exhausting! We all want top dollar for our properties, but the reality is you may have to reconsider your pricing. If you price your home to entice a buyer’s interest, your house may sell faster. Hanging onto a price doesn’t work!
2. Showings: Although it’s tiresome to continue to keep your home ready to show on a daily basis, it has to be easily available to buyers. It has to be seen at different times of the day to get as many buyers as possible to your front door.
3. Curb Appeal: Buyers want something to catch their eye when they first see your home from the outside. How the lawn, the garden and even the front door looks will give a buyer a reason to want to see more. Give them a reason to come in and buy!
4. Clean, Clean And Then Clean Again: It’s hard work to keep your home in model condition everyday, but dirty dishes in the sink, clothes scattered around the floors and cluttered bathrooms is a sure way to turn off buyers. De-clutter your home. Pack any un-needed personal items. You’re going to have to pack them away eventually. As important as curb appeal is, interior appearance is more important. Keep each room simple and clean. Less is more in interior decorating!.
4. Fix What Has To Be Fixed Now: All those un-finished projects should have been completed before putting your home on the market. A buyer who may be somewhat interested in your place, will deduct its value from little things that they see may be needed to complete. Don’t give them the opportunity to find those unfinished projects.
5. Marketing Of Your Property: The Marketing of your Property is of supreme importance. Online exposure is HUGE now! Buyers start their search on the internet, so it’s important that your Agent be found on the web first, and that the description is listed correctly and there are photos of the exterior and interior of your home.
LAWRENCE AND SHEILA can be reached at 631-805-4400 (c).
If you would like to list your present residence with LAWRENCE “LARRY” & SHEILA AGRANOFF we can feature it on our popular websites. Please call us at our Cell: 631-805-4400. If you are relocating to Long Island, we are Certified Relocation Specialists.
Search Here For Long Island Condos