http://www.suffolkexperts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/suffolkexperts-header.jpg 0 0 Long Island Real Estate http://www.suffolkexperts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/suffolkexperts-header.jpg Long Island Real Estate2012-09-18 07:21:432012-09-18 07:21:43Suffolk County Long Island U-Pick Apples
Suffolk County Long Island U-Pick Apples
This was written in 2012, Please call the farms directly to confirm
Apples, apples, and more apples. It’s that colorful time of the year here in Suffolk County Long Island as Apple Season approaches. So take your pick of the many varieties now available at these U-Pick Farms. Please call ahead before visiting any orchard and confirm their hours of operation.
Lewin/Baiting Hollow Farms
830 Sound Avenue
Davis Peach Farm
561 Hulse Landing Road
Wading River, NY
5698 Sound Avenue
Wichham’s Fruit Farm
The Milk Pail Farm And Orchard
Water Mill, NY
729 Main Road
Here are some interesting Facts About Apples…
- 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.
- 7,500 varieties of apples are grown throughout the world.
- 100 varieties of apples are grown commercially in the United States.
- Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit.
- Apples harvested from an average tree can fill 20 boxes that weigh 42 pounds each.
- The largest apple picked weighed three pounds.
- It takes the energy from 50 leaves to produce one apple.
- It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
We advise you to contact the farms directly to confirm availability of apple varieties. Every effort is made to provide information that is accurate. However, information is subject to change at any time by the local businesses.